Advice from Pastry Chef Stefano Laghi for an optimal use of the food-grade silicone moulds
An optimal use of the food-grade silicone moulds
Advice from Pastry Chef Stefano Laghi
Use with Isomalt sugar · Heat the Isomalt sugar in a pot on the stove or in the microwave using a Pyrex® glass jug until melting is completed;
· Make sure the temperature of 180°C is reached and remove the pot from fire or the jug from the microwave and let it cool for a few minutes;
· Meanwhile, prepare the decosil moulds which have to be perfectly closed with rubber bands or plastic wrap;
· If you want to make Isomalt opaque, add a few drops of white colorant;
· Pour Isomalt into the moulds. The contact with the silicone will produce a number of tiny bubbles which can be removed later;
· Once demolded slightly pass a flame on it.
Use with melted sugar
The above mentioned procedure also applies to the following recipe:
Ingredients: · sugar g 1000;
· glucose syrup g 400;
· water g 300.
Bake at 160°C.
Method: mix the ingredients and cook quickly in a copper pot.
Use with chocolate In decosil moulds, the chocolate of any colour and cocoa percentage can be poured but it must absolutely be tempered.
• dark chocolate 31°C
• milk chocolate 29°C
• white and colored chocolate 28°C
After melting the chocolate, pour it into the decosil mould and place it into the refrigerator at a temperature of +5°C, until it solidifies completely.
In case of intensive and continous production with the same mould, it is necessary to refrigerate it into the blast chiller at -18°C, to prevent the mould from overheating which would not allow the proper chocolate crystallization, causing defects in the finished products.
Use with sugar paste or almond paste The decosil molds can be used to produce soft dough items, such as with almond paste, sugar paste, marzipan and other modeling pastes.
Procedure: · Sprinkle the mold with corn starch, potato flour or powdered sugar before using it;
· Fill the mold with the paste pressing or scratching it with the rolling pin;
· Turn upside down and demould the product.
decosil is at your disposal to give you any further information.
Visit www.decosil.co.uk to learn how to use the moulds in the step-by-step section.
decosil® Srl Via Risorgimento, 29 35010 Limena - Padova - Italia Tel. +39 049 769999 Fax. +39 049 8848069